- Do something that requires you to get up and move. Take a walk, for instance.
- Distract yourself – you may find drinking a glass of water can help.
- Take control, use your willpower and ask yourself, “How much do I really need this cigarette?”
- Remind yourself of all the reasons why you stopped smoking.
- Substitute some regular chewing gum or a lolls for a cigarette.
- Get some exercise which is a great way of dealing with stress and getting fitter too.
- Talk it through with someone you trust.
- Think of yourself as a non-smoker not a deprived ex-smoker.
Tuesday, 8 May 2012
Coping with the cravings
While NRT will help you beat the cravings, there will still be moments when you’re tempted. Here are a few ways to help you cope:
Consumer Healthcare www.nicorette.com.au